Brownsville for injury victims
Tijerina Legal Group, PC in Texas offers legal services to injured people throughout Brownsville. The firm prides itself on its ability to get to the underlying cause of an injury and build strong cases for injured parties.
You are guaranteed a basic standard of care once you step onto another person’s property. If the property contains a dangerous condition and you suffer an injury because of it, you may be able to file a claim to obtain compensation.
A premises liability plaintiff case must meet the following guidelines to prove:
- The property was or contained a hazard
- The injury was a result of the hazard
- The property owner or manager knew about the hazard
- The property owner or manager did not fix the hazard within a reasonable time
Example: A bottle of milk spills in the aisle of a convenience store. The cashier sees the spill and informs the manager but cannot leave the counter to clean it. The manager forgets about the spill and does not clean it or post a warning about the hazard. Half an hour later, a customer slips, falls and injures herself. According to Brownsville, the customer is within her rights to sue the store manager or property owner for compensation for medical bills, physical therapy, pharmaceutical costs and wages lost due to her injury.
Premises liability lawyers at Tijerina Legal Group, PC represent people seriously hurt by property owners’ neglect. Common causes for premises injuries include:
- Broken stairs
- Uneven sidewalk
- Falling objects
- Unsafely stacked objects on shelves
- Building code violations
- Unclean floors
- Icy parking lots
- Inadequate fire safety
- Unmonitored air toxins (carbon monoxide)
- Unsafe worksites
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Electrocution from exposed wires
- Explosions or fires
- Dog bites and animal attacks
Contact the firm for effective legal representation, beginning with a FREE CONSULTATION.