We are looking for a RECEPTIONIST/AMBASSADOR to join our legal tribe that is self-motivated, results-focused, driven, detailed oriented and has a positive attitude.
This will be one of the most detailed and honest job posts that you will read. We took the time to do this to ensure you know what type of job you are applying for and what you can expect if you are hired at our Firm. We have put a lot of effort into this posting to ensure we do not waste your time in having you come into an interview for a job that you may not be qualified for or willing to do with your best efforts.
To start with, we will tell you that the job is challenging, and it is going to require you to have a good memory, great focus, great interpersonal skills and to care (about your work and people). You will need to be organized, warm, cheery, and persuasive, speak English and Spanish, have a heart-felt desire to help members of our community and make a difference in people’s lives. If this already seems too much, then this is not the position for you. If you are still interested, then continue reading this entire post and we thank you in advance for doing so and applying with our Firm.
WHO WILL BE A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
- A person that has a positive outlook on life and sees the glass as being half-full. Therefore, if you tend to create or partake in Disempowering Behaviors (such as having a negative attitude, making toxic comments, being a whiner, complainer, victim, gossiper) you will NOT make it at our Home away from Home. As an aside, if you think you are above helping tidy up the office or make a cup of coffee, this is not the place for you.
- A person that is organized, focused, and takes pride in their work. If you lose stuff, are not organized, get easily distracted, need to be checking your phone or have some web surfing / social networking addiction, look for another place that will tolerate this.
- A person that is detail oriented and willing to put extra effort and care into making sure that the job is done right, along with having the mindset of “what else can I help with?” and picking up quickly on new tasks.
Since you will be the first point of contact, you will be our RECEPTIONIST. You need to be able to talk to people politely, and in a way that is educated and puts them at ease. You cannot talk down to anyone that you deal with in or out of our office. You should not be the type of person that gets angry quickly or gets offended easily when someone says something you do not like because you may be dealing with some of the worst mannered people at times, and you must always show respect. Compassion will be a quality used often with our clients.
- You MUST be able to multi-task, think on your feet, and at times you will need to figure things out on your own and you must be able to creatively solve problems and produce solutions.
- You MUST have thick skin and be able to take criticism and work hard under pressure. This includes having the ability to manage some of our clients, who at times may be upset or demanding. If you do not have the skills to deal with upset people or are not up to the challenge of dealing with some of these clients, this is not going to be the place for you to build a career, grow and thrive from the lessons in dealing with these challenges.
- You MUST be a team player and work well with our staff and others. This office prides itself in being a place where we foster an environment of cooperation. When one person needs help, as a team, we step in together to help each other out.
- You MUST be competent in working with MS Outlook. We will also teach you to use our legal software program and you must be thorough about keeping notes on all the work that is done, checking emails, and keeping up with checklist items. You will also need to scan, fax and file documents. If you are not comfortable with computers, these programs or customary scanning, copying, and filing, this is not the job for you. But, if it excites you to know that you will have a checklist for most of the things that need to get done and all you need to do is follow the instructions to succeed, then this is the place for you.
In short, as a RECEPTIONIST/AMBASSADOR, you will be responsible for answering phones, speaking with potential clients, managing information and people, speaking with our clients, working closely with other staff members and you will be trusted with helping and improving our client’s lives after an injury causing event.
- One year Experience as a RECEPTIONIST/AMBASSADOR handling several phone calls
- High School graduate or equivalent, some college preferred
- Good Writing (spelling and grammar) skills
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Scanning, office equipment and other computer related matters
- Spanish speaking
- No criminal record
- Clean Driving Record
- Reliable transportation
- Valid and current personal auto liability insurance
+ Previous experience at a law firm
This job will be one of the biggest life changing, character building, and growth inducing challenges of your life, unless you have done something like this before. You will become a better person, inside and out, because of being able to succeed and thrive in an environment like this. You will realize you are so much stronger and capable than you ever were. So, if you are up for a new challenge, instructions to apply are below.
Compensation may be adjusted based upon experience. The growth and opportunity you will gain at our Firm is an added bonus. The starting gross compensation opportunity can be up to $18.00 an hour, including raises and fully vested bonus compensation for the RECEPTIONIST/AMBASSADOR position. We offer health benefits, such as dental and health insurance, 401k plans, yearly continued education programs, and personal growth and development seminar opportunities, along with other benefits. Once vested, after the first year of employment, an employee is eligible for full benefits. We are proud to be an employee centered organization and are incredibly happy seeing our employees grow as we serve members of our community.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the RECEPTIONIST/AMBASSADOR position at our firm do not use any other method. Apply below by following this instruction. In the subject line, make sure you write, “I am your next RECEPTIONIST/AMBASSADOR” — all in caps. We will need you to make a cover letter that you can attach below as well as your most recent resume. In the cover letter answer the following questions:
- What are you looking for in a job opportunity and why would you be a good fit?
- What does it take to be a RECEPTIONIST/AMBASSADOR at our law firm?
That is the most important question that needs to be answered and part of that answer will come directly from you. You should answer these questions in about 1 to 2 paragraphs. Be detailed in your description of what it takes to be a RECEPTIONIST/AMBASSADOR, but do not go over two paragraphs. In the signature block of your cover letter, type your name in caps backwards, with your last name first. Then underneath, type your name normally, and initial. Be sure to attach your resume in word or pdf format. Be sure to revise your resume before sending it.
Thank you in advance. We hope this helps our process as it has yet to give us the results we are looking for.