This position is offered both in McAllen and Brownsville. This is the point of contact once a case is signed to our office and is a very crucial role in our tribe. This role is responsible for the oversight of cases from beginning to end.
LEGAL CASE MANAGER
We take great pride in recruiting and vetting LEGAL CASE MANAGERS to form the best team possible. We have many people to help and we take our mission of being a guiding light in our community very seriously. It’s important that you know what type of career you are applying for and what you can expect if you are hired at our Firm.
To start, we will tell you that this career is challenging in the best of ways. It is going to require you to have a good memory, great focus, proficient writing skills, and most importantly it will require you to care about your work and people. , You must have a heart-felt desire to help members of our community and make a difference in people’s lives. If this resonates with you and are still interested, then continue reading this entire post. We thank you in advance for doing so.
WHO WIL BE A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
- A person who is organized and goal oriented
- A person who speaks fluent Spanish and feels comfortable speaking with people
- A person that has a positive outlook on life and sees the glass as being half-full.
- A person who is sociable and compassionate, concise and trustworthy.
- A person who is reliable and dependable.
- A person that is focused, and takes pride in their work.
- A person that is detail oriented and willing to put extra effort and care in making sure that the task is done right.
- A person with the mindset of “what else can I help with?” and pick up quick on new tasks.
- A person that takes the initiative to get these things done without supervision and who is self-motivated.
WHO WILL NOT BE A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
- A person with a tendency to create or partake in disempowering behaviors such as having a negative attitude, making toxic comments, being a whiner, complainer, victim, or gossiper.
- A person who is not willing to tidy up the office
- A person who is unwilling to help a team member or help with odd-end occasional things.
- A person who loses things and gets easily distracted.
- A person who needs to be checking their phone or has a web surfing / social networking addiction.
- You MUST be sharp and a quick study to understand the process of helping a person after a car crash or other injury. From handling the initial intake and phone call to guiding them through their medical treatment.
- You MUST have excellent follow-up skills. This includes keeping up with your checklists and the client’s checklist for their medical treatment, scheduling appointments and other matters.
- You MUST become familiar with all aspects of dealing with a car crash claim as per our training.
- You MUST learn the medical terms to describe our client’s injuries and use this understanding to read medical records for our clients,
- You Must understand client’s injuries and be able to talk about the injuries with your co-workers and the attorneys.
- You MUST be able to multi-task, think on your feet, and have the ability to figure things out on your own if need be.
- You MUST be able to creatively solve problems and produce solutions.
- You MUST have thick skin and be able to take criticism and work hard under pressure.
- You MUST have the ability to manage some of our upset and demanding clients with care and patience.
- You MUST be a team player and work well with our staff and others.
- You MUST be competent in working with MS Outlook. (We will teach you to use our legal software program)
- You must be thorough about keeping notes on all the work that is done.
- You Must keep up with checklist items.
- You Must have some prior experience with scanning, faxing, emailing, calendaring, organizing, and telephone systems.
In short,a CASE MANAGER will be responsible for guiding our clients from beginning to end of their case. Casa Managers oversee case data, speak clients, working closely with other staff members and providers. They are entrusted in helping and improving our clients’ lives after an injury-causing event.
- Minimum Education: Associate degree +
- Good Writing (spelling and grammar) and Communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, and other computer related programs
- Proficiency in typing
- Spanish speaking
- No criminal record
- Clean driving record
- Reliable transportation
- Valid and current personal auto liability insurance
PLUSES: To have 6 months – 1 year previous experience at a personal Injury law firm and familiar with basics of a case process
Careers at the Tijerina legal group are life improving and character building. You will become a better person, inside and out, as a result of being able to succeed and thrive in an environment like ours. You will realize you are so much stronger and capable than you ever were. So, if you are up for a new challenge APPLY NOW OR TELL YOUR FRIEND ABOUT US HIRING.
Compensation is negotiable based upon experience. The starting gross compensation opportunity can range from $31,200 up to $60,000 for a Legal Case Manager. The base hourly rate can range based on experience and competency can start at $15.00 hour + Health Benefits, + Bonus Earnings Opportunity, and other Benefits. Our Bonus Earnings Opportunity is a once in a lifetime structure that allows employees to increase their base salary significantly once vested, after the first year of employment. We are proud to be an employee centered organization and are incredibly happy seeing our employees grow.
HOW TO APPLY: Specific instructions
To apply for the Legal Case Manager position, at our firm, fill in the Apply Now section below. In the subject line, make sure you write “I am your next Legal Case Manager”— all in caps. Upload your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format). In your Cover Letter please include your salary requirements and answer the following questions, one paragraph for each:
- What are you looking for in a career opportunity?
- How would you apply your skills to succeed at being a Case Manager?
You should be detailed in your description of what skills you can use to succeed at our Firm. In the signature block of your cover letter, type your name in all caps, backwards, with your last name first. Then underneath, type your name normally, and initial. Be sure to attach a revised version of your resume in word or pdf format.
Thank you for taking the time to read this entire job posting. If you decide to apply, we look forward to meeting you. Please do not contact our office, we will contact you if you qualify.