This position is offered both in McAllen and Brownsville. This is the first point of contact to our office and is a very crucial role in our tribe. This role primarily greets clients, takes calls, and routes to the appropriate destination.
RECEPTIONIST / AMBASSADOR
We are looking for a career RECEPTIONIST, which in our office we call AMBASSADOR, to join our legal tribe. The right person for this seat is self-motivated, results-focused, driven, detailed oriented and has a positive attitude. Most importantly, the right person for this opportunity will read through this entire post carefully.
To start with, we will tell you that the AMBASSADOR position is very rewarding and challenging. It requires you to have a good memory, great focus, great interpersonal skills and to care. If you are still interested and curious, then continue reading for more details on how to apply.
WHO WILL BE A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
- A person that has a positive outlook on life and sees the glass as being half-full, is kind, and shows respect.
- A person that is organized, focused, and takes pride in their work.
- A person that is detail oriented and willing to put extra effort and care into making sure that the job is done right.
- A person with a mindset of “what else can I help with?” and picks up quickly on new tasks.
- A person who is organized, warm, cheery, and persuasive, speaks English and Spanish, and has a heart-felt desire to help members of our community.
WHO WILL NOT BE A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
- A person with a negative attitude, who makes toxic comments, whines, complains, plays victim, or gossips. We do not tolerate this kind of behavior.
- A person who loses things, is not organized, or gets easily distracted.
- A person who needs to be checking their phone or has a web surfing / social networking addiction.
- A person who gets angry or offended quickly when someone says something you do not like.
As the first point of contact with our office, you must talk to people politely, and in a way that is educated and puts them at ease. Compassion is priority when speaking to ALL our clients.
- You MUST be able to multi-task, think on your feet, and have the ability to figure things out on your own if need be.
- You MUST follow directions
- You MUST be able to creatively solve problems and produce solutions.
- You MUST have thick skin and be able to take criticism and work hard under pressure.
- You MUST have the ability to manage some of our upset and demanding clients with care and patience.
- You MUST be a team player and work well with our staff and others.
- You MUST be competent in working with MS Outlook. (We will teach you to use our legal software program)
- You must be thorough about keeping notes on all the work that is done.
- You Must keep up with checklist items.
- You Must have some prior experience with scanning, faxing, emailing, calendaring, organizing, and telephone systems.
In short, as an AMBASSADOR, you will be responsible for greeting incoming clients, answering phones, speaking with potential clients, managing information and sensitive documentation, working well with other people, be confident and comfortable speaking with our clients, and most importantly you will be trusted with helping and improving our client’s lives after an injury causing event.
- Six months to one year Experience as a RECEPTIONIST or in OFFICE SETTING handling several phone calls
- High School graduate or equivalent, some college preferred
- Good Writing (spelling and grammar) skills
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Scanning, office equipment and other computer related matters
- Spanish speaking
- No criminal record
- Clean Driving Record
- Reliable transportation
- Valid and current personal auto liability insurance
+ Previous experience at a law firm
This career will be one of the biggest life changing, character building, and growth inducing challenges of your life, unless you have done something like this before. You will become a better person, inside and out, because of being able to succeed and thrive in an environment like this. You will realize you are so much stronger and capable than you ever were. So, if you are up for a new challenge, instructions to apply are below.
This is a very detailed and honest posting to make sure we are the right fit for each other. Its important that you know what type of career you are applying for and what you can expect if you are to become a part of our tribe. We do not want to waste your time, or ours, in having you come into an interview for a job that you may not be qualified for or willing to do with your best efforts
Compensation is negotiable based upon experience. The starting gross compensation opportunity can start from $27,300 up to $35,000 a year if the performance based bonus opportunity is met as an AMBASSADOR. The base hourly rate is based on experience and competency AND could start at $14.00 an hour + Health Benefits, +Bonus Earning Opportunity, and other Benefits. Our Bonus Earning Opportunity is a once in a lifetime structure that allows employees to increase their base salary significantly once vested, after the first year of employment. We are proud to be an employee centered organization and are incredibly happy seeing our employees grow.
HOW TO APPLY: Specific instructions
To apply for the AMBASSADOR position at our firm do not use any other method. Apply now by filling the in this posting, in the subject line, make sure you write, “I am your next AMBASSADOR” — all in caps. Upload your resume and a cover letter answering the following questions:
- What are you looking for in a career opportunity and why would you be a good fit for it?
- What does it take to be a AMBASSADOR at our law firm?
That is the most important question that needs to be answered and part of that answer will come directly from you. You should answer these questions in about 1 to 2 paragraphs. Be detailed in your description of what it takes to be a AMBASSADOR, but do not go over two paragraphs. In the signature block of your cover letter, type your name in caps backwards, with your last name first. Then underneath, type your name normally, and initial. Be sure to attach your resume in word or pdf format. Be sure to revise your resume before sending it.
Thank you for taking the time to read this entire job posting. If you decide to apply, we look forward to meeting you.