This position is offered both in McAllen and Brownsville. This is the first point of contact to our office and is a very crucial role in our tribe. This role primarily greets clients, takes calls.
RECEPTIONIST / AMBASSADOR
We are looking for a career RECEPTIONIST, which in our office we call AMBASSADOR, to join our legal tribe. The right person for this seat is self-motivated, results-focused, driven, detailed oriented and has a positive attitude. Most importantly, the right person for this opportunity will read through this entire post carefully.
To start with, we will tell you that the AMBASSADOR position is very rewarding and could be challenging at times. It is going to require you to have a good memory, great focus, great interpersonal skills and to care (about your work and people). It will give you a new found sense of purpose but you will need to be organized, warm, cheery, and persuasive, speak English and Spanish, have a heart-felt desire to help members of our community and make a difference in people’s lives. If this already seems too much, then we wish you luck in your endeavor finding a job. If you are still interested and curious, then continue reading for more details on how to apply. We thank you in advance for doing so and applying with our Firm.
WHO WILL BE A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
- A person that has a positive outlook on life and sees the glass as being half-full. Therefore, if you tend to create or partake in “below the line” behaviors (such as having a negative attitude, making toxic comments, being a whiner, complainer, victim, gossiper) you will not make it at our home away from home. As an aside, if you think you are above helping tidy up the office or make a cup of coffee, this is not the place for you.
- A person that is organized, focused, and takes pride in their work. If you lose stuff, are not organized, get easily distracted, need to be checking your phone or have some web surfing / social networking addiction, look for another place that will tolerate this.
- A person that is detail oriented and willing to put extra effort and care into making sure that the job is done right, along with having the mindset of “what else can I help with?” and picking up quickly on new tasks.
As the first point of contact you will need to be able to talk to people politely, and in a way that is educated and puts them at ease. You cannot talk down to anyone that you deal with in or out of our office. You should not be the type of person that gets angry quickly or gets offended easily when someone says something you do not like because you may be dealing with some of the worst mannered people at times, and you must always show respect. Compassion will be a quality used often with our clients.
- You MUST be able to multi-task, think on your feet, and at times you will need to figure things out on your own and you must be able to creatively solve problems and produce solutions.
- You MUST have thick skin and be able to take criticism and work hard under pressure. This includes having the ability to manage some of our clients, who at times may be upset or demanding. If you do not have the skills to deal with upset people or are not up to the challenge of dealing with some of these clients, this is not going to be the place for you to build a career, grow and thrive from the lessons in dealing with these challenges.
- You MUST be a team player and work well with our staff and others. This office prides itself in being a place where we foster an environment of cooperation. When one person needs help, as a team, we step in together to help each other out.
- You MUST be competent in working with MS Outlook. We will also teach you to use our legal software program and you must be thorough about keeping notes on all the work that is done, checking emails, and keeping up with checklist items. You will also need to scan, fax and file documents. If you are not comfortable with computers, these programs or customary scanning, copying, and filing, this is not the job for you. But, if it excites you to know that you will have a checklist for most of the things that need to get done and all you need to do is follow the instructions to succeed, then this is the place for you.
In short, as an AMBASSADOR, you will be responsible for greeting incoming clients, answering phones, speaking with potential clients, managing information and sensitive documentation, working well with other people, be confident and comfortable speaking with our clients, and most importantly you will be trusted with helping and improving our client’s lives after an injury causing event.
- One year Experience as a RECEPTIONIST or in OFFICE SETTING handling several phone calls
- High School graduate or equivalent, some college preferred
- Good Writing (spelling and grammar) skills
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Scanning, office equipment and other computer related matters
- Spanish speaking
- No criminal record
- Clean Driving Record
- Reliable transportation
- Valid and current personal auto liability insurance
+ Previous experience at a law firm
This career will be one of the biggest life changing, character building, and growth inducing challenges of your life, unless you have done something like this before. You will become a better person, inside and out, because of being able to succeed and thrive in an environment like this. You will realize you are so much stronger and capable than you ever were. So, if you are up for a new challenge, instructions to apply are below.
This is a very detailed and honest posting to make sure we are the right fit for each other. Its important that you know what type of career you are applying for and what you can expect if you are to become a part of our tribe. We do not want to waste your time, or ours, in having you come into an interview for a job that you may not be qualified for or willing to do with your best efforts.
Compensation is negotiable based upon experience. The starting gross compensation opportunity can start from $27,300 up to $35,000 a year if the performance based bonus opportunity is met as an AMBASSADOR. The base hourly rate is based on experience and competency AND could start at $14.00 an hour + Health Benefits, +Bonus Earning Opportunity, and other Benefits. Our Bonus Earning Opportunity is a once in a lifetime structure that allows employees to increase their base salary significantly once vested, after the first year of employment. We are proud to be an employee centered organization and are incredibly happy seeing our employees grow.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the AMBASSADOR position at our firm do not use any other method. Apply now by filling the in this posting, in the subject line, make sure you write, “I am your next AMBASSADOR” — all in caps. Upload your resume and a cover letter answering the following questions:
- What are you looking for in a career opportunity and why would you be a good fit for it?
- What does it take to be a AMBASSADOR at our law firm?
That is the most important question that needs to be answered and part of that answer will come directly from you. You should answer these questions in about 1 to 2 paragraphs. Be detailed in your description of what it takes to be a AMBASSADOR, but do not go over two paragraphs. In the signature block of your cover letter, type your name in caps backwards, with your last name first. Then underneath, type your name normally, and initial. Be sure to attach your resume in word or pdf format. Be sure to revise your resume before sending it.
Thank you for taking the time to read this entire job posting. If you decide to apply, we look forward to meeting you.