Este puesto se ofrece tanto en McAllen como en Brownsville. Este es el primer punto de contacto de nuestra oficina y es un papel muy importante en nuestra tribu. Este rol principalmente saluda a los clientes, toma llamadas.
LEGAL CASE MANAGER
We take great pride in recruiting and vetting LEGAL CASE MANAGERS to form the best team possible. We have many people to help and we take our mission of being a guiding light in our community very seriously. Its important that you know what type of career you are applying for and what you can expect if you are hired at our Firm. The last thing we waste your time by having you come into an interview for a job that you may not be qualified or willing to do with your best efforts.
To start, we will tell you that the job is challenging, and it is going to require you to have a good memory, great focus, proficient writing skills and to care (about your work and people). You will need to be organized, goal oriented, speak Spanish, have a heart-felt desire to help members of our community and make a difference in people’s lives. If this already seems too much, then this is not the position for you. If you are still interested, then continue reading this entire post and we thank you in advance for doing so and applying with our Firm.
WHO WIL BE A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
- A person that has a positive outlook on life and sees the glass as being half-full. Therefore, if you have a tendency to create or partake in Unempowering Behaviors (such as having a negative attitude, making toxic comments, being a whiner, complainer, victim, gossiper) you will not make it. Also, if you think you are above helping tidy up the office, helping a team member, or helping with odd-end occasional things, this is not the place for you.
- A person who is sociable and compassionate, yet concise and trustworthy. Most of is is reliable and dependable.
- A person that is organized, focused, and takes pride in their work. You may want to consider another place if you lose stuff, are not organized, get easily distracted, need to be checking your phone or have some web surfing / social networking addiction.
- A person that is detail oriented and willing to put extra effort and care in making sure that the job is done right, along with having the mindset of “what else can I help with?” and picking up quick on new tasks.
- A person that takes the initiative to get these things done without supervision and who is self-motivated.
- You MUST be able to multi-task, think on your feet and make smart decisions. At times you will need to figure things out on your own and you must be able to creatively solve problems and produce solutions.
- You MUST have thick skin and be able to take criticism and work hard under pressure. This includes having the ability to manage some of our clients, who at times may be upset or demanding. If you do not have the skills to deal with upset people or are not up to the challenge of dealing with some of these clients, this is not going to be the place for you to build a career, grow and thrive from the lessons in dealing with these challenges.
- You MUST be a team player and work well with our staff and others. This office prides itself on being a place where we foster an environment of cooperation. When one person needs help, as a team, we step in together to help each other.
- You MUST be competent in working with MS Outlook and MS Word. We will also teach you to use our legal software database program. To succeed as a Legal Case Manager, you must be thorough about keeping notes on all the work that is done, checking emails, and keeping up with checklist items. At times, you may also need to scan, fax and file documents. If you are not comfortable with computers, these programs or customary scanning, copying, and filing, this is not the job for you. But, if it excites you to know that you will have a checklist for most of the things that need to get done and all you need to do is follow the instructions to succeed, then this is the place for you.
- You MUST be sharp and a quick study. You will need these skills to quickly pick up and understand the process of helping a person after a car crash or other injury. From handling the initial intake and phone call to guiding them through their medical treatment.
- You will need to have excellent follow-up skills because along with keeping up with your checklists, you must make sure that clients keep up with their medical treatment, schedule appointments and other matters, all of which you can track on the legal software program and MS Outlook.
- You will also need to get quickly familiar with all aspects of dealing with a car crash claim, but do not worry, we have guides and a study program to help you learn this as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- You will be responsible for having a basic understanding of the medical terms you will regularly encounter to describe our client’s injuries and use this understanding to read medical records for our clients, to understand their injuries and be able to talk about the injuries with your co-workers and the attorneys.
In short, you will be responsible for answering phones, managing data and people, speaking with our clients, working closely with other staff members and you will be trusted in helping and improving our clients’ lives after an injury-causing event.
- Minimum Education: Associates Degree +
- Good Writing (spelling and grammar) and Communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, and other computer related programs
- Proficiency in typing
- Spanish speaking
- No criminal record
- Clean driving record
- Reliable transportation
- Valid and current personal auto liability insurance
PLUSES: To have 6 months – 1-year previous experience at a Personal Injury law firm and familiar with basics of a case process
Careers at the Tijerina legal group are life improving and character building. You will become a better person, inside and out, as a result of being able to succeed and thrive in an environment like ours. You will realize you are so much stronger and capable than you ever were. So, if you are up for a new challenge APPLY NOW OR TELL YOUR FRIEND ABOUT US HIRING.
Compensation is negotiable based upon experience. The starting gross compensation opportunity can range from $31,200 up to $60,000 for a Legal Case Manager. The base hourly rate can range based on experience and competency can start at $15.00 hour + Health Benefits, + Bonus Earnings Opportunity, and other Benefits. Our Bonus Earnings Opportunity is a once in a lifetime structure that allows employees to increase their base salary significantly once vested, after the first year of employment. We are proud to be an employee centered organization and are incredibly happy seeing our employees grow.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Legal Case Manager position, at our firm, fill in the Apply Now section below. In the subject line, make sure you write “I am your next Legal Case Manager”— all in caps. Upload your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format). In your Cover Letter please include your salary requirements and answer the following questions, one paragraph for each:
- What are you looking for in a career opportunity?
- How would you apply your skills to succeed at being a Case Manager?
You should be detailed in your description of what skills you can use to succeed at our Firm. In the signature block of your cover letter, type your name in all caps, backwards, with your last name first. Then underneath, type your name normally, and initial. Be sure to attach a revised version of your resume in word or pdf format.
Thank you for taking the time to read this entire job posting. If you decide to apply, we look forward to meeting you. Please do not contact our office, we will contact you if you qualify.